Minimises pain at dressing changes1,2
Minimises the risk of maceration5,6,7
Effective exudate management7,8
Soft and conformable9,10
Mepilex with Safetac technology
With the Safetac® technology adhesive, Mepilex can be removed with less risk of damaging the wound or the surrounding skin. A new enhanced backing film together with the highly conformable absorbent foam makes Mepilex handle fluid effectively. It is designed for a wide range of low to medium exuding wounds. Whether it is chronic wounds or acute wounds, like post-op wounds or diabetic wounds Mepilex decreases pain at dressing change. Less pain means lower stress levels for patients and that, in turn, helps healing. Mepilex can be cut to fit an individual wound or body location and Mepilex is highly conformable. This makes it ideal for difficult-to-dress areas. Use together with our Tubifast fixation. For lower exuding wounds, see Mepilex Lite.
- For low to moderately exuding wounds
- Wide range of acute and chronic wounds like venous leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and traumatic wounds
- Less painful and less stressful care for your patients11
Check your local website for information on assortment.
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Dykes PJ et al. Effect of adhesive dressings on the stratum corneum of the skin. Journal of Wound Care, 2001.
- Data on file : PD-131052, PD-005010, PD-030039, PD-068363, PD-133408, PD-275474
- Data on file : PD-356715
- Wiberg A.B et al. Preventing maceration with a soft silicone dressing: in-vitro evaluations. Poster presented at the 3rd Congress of the WUWHS, Toronto, Canada, 2008.
- Meaume S. et al. A study to compare a new self adherent soft silicone dressing with a self adherent polymer dressing in stage II pressure ulcers. Ostomy Wound Management, 2003.
- Feili F et al. Retention capacity. Poster presentation at the EWMA conference, Lisbon, Portugal 2008.
- External in vitro lab report : SMTL 20090625-002
- Palomar F, Treatment and Care of chronic wounds and perilesional skin using a selfadhesive silicone and foam dressing. Spanish Congress of Dermatology nursing in Benalmádena (Málaga) March 2007.
- Young MJ, Robbie J Management of the diabetic foot: A guide to the assessment and management of diabetic foot ulcers, The Diabetic Foot, 2002 5(3)
- Upton D et al. The Impact of Atraumatic Vs Conventional Dressings on Pain and Stress in Patients with Chronic Wounds. Journal of Wound Care, 2012.
Mepilex® Border Flex is an all-in-one foam dressing designed for challenging...
Mepilex® Border Heel is an all-in-one foam dressing specifically designed...
Mepilex® Heel is a shaped foam dressing, designed for heels and typically...
Soft, conformable and comfortable — Lyofoam® Max is designed for the management...
Mepilex® Border Lite is a thin all-in-one foam dressing with Safetac® technology...
Mepilex® Border Sacrum is an all-in-one foam dressing proven to minimize...
Mepilex® Lite is a thin foam dressing for low exuding acute and chronic...
Mepilex® Border is an all-in-one foam dressing proven to minimize patient...
The information on the page you are about to enter is intended for healthcare professionals only. To enter our product section you need tick the box below and click "yes".
By clicking the tick box below you confirm that you are a health care professional.
If you are not a Healthcare professional please visit our patient website for product information. Thank you!
Take me back to startpage
ATTENTION: Products shown may not be available in all countries. Indications for use and product claims may vary from country to country. For market specific product information, see the appropriate location section of this website