Supply and logistics challenges precipitated by the pandemic continue to plague the worldwide supply chain in many ways including large-scale shipping disruptions, container constraints and extended transit times that have multiplied in frequency and duration.
Accelerating Supply to our CustomersOur priority as always, is to service our loyal and committed customers and do our utmost to ensure reliable supply despite the impacts of worldwide market demand and transportation challenges.
Mölnlycke invested significant resources to increase our ability to meet customer product requirements, including:
- Increased production and packaging capacity
- Increased shipping frequency from plants to distribution facilities
- Expanded logistics partners to expand shipping capacity
- Alteration of shipping routes to avoid congested ports
Building for the Future In September 2022, Mölnlycke will open its newest Biogel surgical glove factory, which will increase our production capacity by 50 percent. The company has invested close to 50 million euros for land, construction and equipment in Malaysia, the world’s center of excellence for glove production.
This expansion will enable Mölnlycke to welcome new customers, support the growth in surgical procedures and explore future partnerships.
Mölnlycke is deeply committed to have a positive long-term impact on everything we do – from our industry-leading solutions for customers to the communities in which we operate. We’re careful of how resources are used and aim to reduce emissions and waste wherever possible to protect the environment. Mölnlycke has held environmental certification ISO 14001 since 2002.
Mölnlycke delivers more than just product excellence – we also provide:
- An opportunity to standardize to Biogel as your one surgical glove manufacturer and increase efficiency through a streamlined selection of gloves
- A team of Biogel glove experts including clinical nurses that can work with your facility’s goals including standardization and reduced utilization.
- Guidance and insight including robust clinical education and economic advice to help you make the best product decisions and optimize their use across clinicians.
- Partnership that extends beyond clinical and economic support. We provide high-touch customer support to ensure implementation success.
Our Biogel® gloves are made with precision – and that includes our approach to sustainability. Here are five examples of the progress we are making towards achieving our vision.
The inner wrap, dispenser boxes, and shipping boxes of the Biogel surgical gloves are all recyclable.
Did you know: Zero manufacturing waste goes to landfill.
All Biogel gloves factories are ISO 14001 certified international standard for environment management system – ensuring continual improvement in environmental management through more efficient use of resources and waste reduction.
We have replaced the solvent-based ink with a water-based alternative for the printing on our packaging.
We only source natural rubber and synthetic latex from certified suppliers (ISO 14001) to produce the Biogel gloves.
5. C02 emissions
We are committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Therefore, we use solar energy in the gloves packing factory (photo above), and there are similar plans for the manufacturing factories.