Mölnlycke to Demo Industry-Leading Safetac® Technology Burn Care Products, Mepilex Ag, Mepilex Ag Transfer, and Mepitel Ag, at the American Burn Association’s ABA2023
World-leading medical solutions company to discuss burn patient treatment with leading nurses and doctors from America’s burn clinics and centers at the ABA’s 55th annual meeting in Dallas, Texas
Atlanta, GA (May 15, 2023): Mölnlycke, a world-leading medical products and solutions company that equips healthcare professionals to achieve the best patient, clinical and economic outcomes, will participate in the American Burn Association’s (ABA) annual meeting, ABA2023, at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, Dallas, TX.
"We value hearing the stories of challenges and treatment successes from the burn professionals working hands-on with the most severely wounded patients at America’s leading burn units," said Allyson Bower-Willner, Senior Director of Marketing, Mölnlycke.
Mölnlycke will participate and demonstrate wound care products like Mepilex Ag, Mepilex Ag Transfer and Mepitel Ag at the ABA at booth number 433. Burn care professionals can connect with the Mölnlycke education team and provide feedback on the wound care products they are currently using.
Mepilex® Ag: a versatile antimicrobial foam dressing designed for low to medium-exuding burns and wounds. This silver foam dressing can inactivate wound-relevant pathogens in the dressing (bacteria and fungi) within 30 minutes, as shown in vitro 1. Mepilex Ag adheres gently with Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. So patients experience less pain during dressing changes 2 3 4 5 6.
Mepilex® Transfer Ag: an antimicrobial exudate transfer layer designed to allow exudate to transfer to a secondary dressing. It can be used to care for exuding burns and chronic and acute wounds. Mepilex Transfer Ag has been shown to inactivate wound-relevant pathogens (bacteria and fungi) within 30 minutes up to 14 days, as shown in vitro7.
Mepitel® Ag: an antimicrobial soft wound contact layer with Safetac® technology. It adheres gently, minimizing trauma to the wound bed and the surrounding skin as well as pain to the patient during dressing removal 8. Mepitel Ag silver ions deliver antimicrobial activity up to eight days (in vitro)9. The open structure of the dressing allows good fluid drainage, such as wound exudate, into the secondary absorbent dressing 8 10.
“The ABA is a special group of dedicated burn care professionals, and the annual meeting is an event that’s important to Mölnlycke’s education team. Through our frequent discussions with these nurses and doctors, we are always reminded how their patient-centricity aligns so well with our customer-centricity,” Bower-Willner added.
Mölnlycke is also a platinum sponsor for the ABA’s annual meeting, as a leader in the design and supply of medical solutions to enhance performance in healthcare. If you are attending ABA2023, we’d love to talk with you. Find us at booth 433.
Read more regarding our burns treatment offering and how we are making a difference for burn patients.
Mölnlycke is a world-leading medical products and solutions company that equips healthcare professionals to achieve the best patient, clinical and economic outcomes. We design and supply products and solutions for use in wound treatment, pressure injuries, infection prevention and surgery. Our products and solutions provide value and are supported by clinical and health economic evidence. For more information, please visit https://www.molnlycke.us.
Senior Director of Marketing
Mölnlycke Health Care
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Determination of antimicrobial activity of Mepilex Ag against a broad range of wound pathogens using corrected zone of inhibition method. Report no. 20051215-007. 2005. Data on file.
- White R. A multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK. 4 (1). 2008.
- Woo, K. & Bergström, C. An Open Randomised Cross-over Investigation Assessing Perceived Pain at Dressing Change Comparing A Soft Silicone Dressing, Mepilex® Border, with a Adhesive hydrocellular polyurethane dressing, Allevyn® Adhesive in Patients with chronic ulcer (Clinical Investigation Report (MXB408, Part A, Mölnlycke Health Care), 2007).
- Johnstone A, et al. Innovations in the reduction of pressure ulceration and pain in critical care. Wounds UK. 2013;9(3):76-80
- Viamontes L, et al. Evaluation study of the properties of two adhesive foam dressings. Br J Nurs. 2003;12(11 Supplement): S43-44, S46-49.
- Bateman, S. Principles of preventative foot care. Br J Community Nurs. 2014;(Supplement):S32-S38.
- Wounds International. International consensus. Appropriate use of silver dressings in wounds. An expert working group consensus. London, UK: Wounds Int; 2012 [cited 14 Sep 2017]. URL: http://www.woundsinternational.com/media/issues/567/files/content_10381.pdf.
- Glat, P., Riina, L., Smith, D., Foster KN. An open, non-controlled, multi-centre, clinical investigation to verify performance and safety of a soft silicone wound contact layer containing silver in the treatment of skin grafts. PMCF study MpT Ag 03 from Mölnlycke Health Care. Unpublished data, 2016.
- Mölnlycke Health Care. Test report 20120522-002 .Data on file.
- Silverstein P, et al. An open, parallel, randomized, comparative, multicenter study to evaluate the cost-effectiveness, performance, tolerance, and safety of a silver-containing soft silicone foam dressing (intervention) vs silver sulfadiazine cream. J Burn Care Res. 2011;32(6):617-626.