“Utilizing LEAN Principles as a Tipping Point for Value Based Purchasing”
Speaker: Sam Sullivan, RN, BSN
Date: Tuesday, Sep 19th
Time: 6:45 am - 8:05 am
Room: 207CD (1 Credit Hour)
Sponsored by Mölnlycke® through OR Manager
LEAN thinking begins with one simple process-identifying value. Value-based procurement encourages outstanding healthcare by rewarding quality not quantity of health care services. Integrating the two brings the possibility of perfect value to the customer, through a perfect value creation process that has zero waste to the healthcare facility.
1. Compare the integration of the primary pillars of LEAN with the primary components of value-based procurement.
2. Acknowledge common pitfalls in cost-containment while determining value-add opportunities in healthcare supplies.
3. Cite 4 types of value and how LEAN strategies can generate best outcomes in the healthcare environment.
4. Review case study highlighting the use of LEAN principles in value stream improvement.
5. Propose a plan that implements value-based procurement in a LEAN environment for your facility.