Natural rubber latex surgical underglove
Biogel Indicator Underglove
Latex surgical underglove for use alone or as part of the Biogel® Puncture Indication® System™
Biogel® Indicator® Underglove is a sterile, powder-free, synthetic, polyisoprene surgical glove that reduces the possibility of glove-related latex protein sensitization because it is made from a synthetic elastomer.
The gloves provide levels of fit, feel, and comfort comparable to natural rubber latex because synthetic polyisoprene shares similar molecular structure to natural rubber latex.
The underglove is blue in color and can be worn alone or as part of the Puncture Indication SystemTM, as the smooth surface is specifically engineered for unparalleled ease of double-gloving.
Recommended for use in all general surgeries or surgeries where latex allergies are a concern for patients or clinicians.
- Helps prevent glove punctures from going unnoticed
- Blue underglove worn under any Biogel® non-latex powder-free surgical glove creates the Puncture Indication SystemTM
- Blue color spot alerts wearer of punctures in outer latex glove, if a perforation occurs in the presence of fluid
- Unique Biogel® coating on the inner surface
- Makes gloves easy to don even with damp hands
- Soothes the skin to help prevent moisture loss
- Beaded cuff for added security
- Powder-free to eliminate starch powder-related complications
- Every glove is air inflation tested and visually inspected for quality and user confidence
- Low dermatitis potential – this product demonstrated reduced potential for sensitizing users to chemical additives
- Industry leading AQL freedom from holes of 0.65
- Improved efficiency as less gloves are wasted
- Curved finger design
- Smooth surface for ease of double donning
- Blue colored
- Synthetic polyisoprene
- Biogel® polymer coating
- Non-leachable blue pigment
* AQL = Acceptable Quality Level refers to the maximum number of defective products that could be considered acceptable during the random sampling of an inspection, in this case freedom from holes in gloves.
BIOGEL SURGICAL GLOVES
Eliminating latex can actually reduce your costs
A recent published study analyzed the clinical and operational costs related to the use of natural rubber latex gloves. The study found that the costs associated with latex allergy events and latex-related O.R. teardowns outweighed the line-item costs of synthetic or latex-free gloves. After the facility converted to Biogel synthetic gloves, they were able to reduce their overall costs by 25%, saving over $74,000.
Are your facility’s glove choices allowing safety and savings to slip through your fingers? Maybe it’s time to take a closer look at the power of a partnership with Mölnlycke. To learn more about the study or have a Biogel expert contact you, please click below.