Biogel Optifit Orthopedic
Sterile, powder-free, natural rubber latex surgical glove.
Biogel® Optifit®Orthopaedic, is a sterile, powder-free, natural rubber latex surgical glove. Typically 10% thicker than Biogel® Surgeons to give extra durability for more rigorous procedures. With a specially treated slip-resistant surface for extra grip and control, Optifit® gloves have an anatomically engineered gauntlet fit to minimize cuff roll-down and maintain glove position regardless of gown materials. Recommended for all orthopaedic surgeries or procedures where extra durability is important.
- Unique Biogel coating on the inner surface
- Makes gloves easy to don even with damp hands
- Soothes the skin to help prevent mositure loss
- Beaded cuff for added security
- Every glove is air inflation tested and visually inspected for quality and user confidence
- Industry leading AQL freedom from holes of 0.65
- Powder-free to elimate starch powder-related complications
- Minimizes risk of allergic reactions to aerosolized natural rubber latex proteins
- Typically contains 50μg or less of water-extractable proteins
- Low dermatitis potential - this product demonstrated reduced potentail for sensitizing users to chemical additves
- Improved efficiency as less gloves are wasted
- Curved finger design
- Typically 10% thicker than Biogel Surgeons
- Micro-roughened surface
- Natural rubber latex
- Biogel polymer coating
A recent published study analyzed the clinical and operational costs related to the use of natural rubber latex gloves. The study found that the costs associated with latex allergy events and latex-related O.R. teardowns outweighed the line-item costs of synthetic or latex-free gloves. After the facility converted to Biogel synthetic gloves, they were able to reduce their overall costs by 25%, saving over $74,000.
Are your facility’s glove choices allowing safety and savings to slip through your fingers? Maybe it’s time to take a closer look at the power of a partnership with Mölnlycke. To learn more about the study or have a Biogel expert contact you, please click below.
Further product information
4 boxes per case