Heel boot for preventing pressure ulcers
Mölnlycke Z-Flex Heel boot
Fluidized heel boot for offloading pressure on the heel
The heel is the second most common location for pressure ulcers in adults.
International guidelines recommend that off-loading devices should completely lift the heel from the bed.
The Z-Flex boot combines Mölnlycke’s unique fluidized positioner with a single low-pressure air chamber. The fluidized positioner molds and contours around the vulnerable Achilles tendon, supporting and protecting the tendon. The air chamber in the boot uses Positive Air Displacement to redistribute pressure from the heel and Achilles tendon to the whole lower leg. This adds comfort while encouraging natural alignment of the leg without the need for a wedge or pillow.
Benefits of Mölnlycke Z-Flex Fluidized Heel Boot
- Adjustable shin straps to accommodate a variety of leg sizes
- Accommodates use of sequential compression devices
- Anatomically natural foot position is supported by an adjustable ankle supportstrap
- Designed to be comfortable for the patient
- Built-in gate allows skin assessment of the heel without removing the boot
- Thermal regulating material helps keep legs comfortable
- For single patient use only but can travel with patient across care continuum
- Not made from natural rubber latex or DEHP
Further product information
How to use Mölnlycke Z-flex Heel boot
|1400122||Z-Flex Fluidized Boot – heel protector with gate and ankle strap||2|
|1400123||Z-Flex Fluidized Boot – heel protector with gate and ankle strap||8|