Synthetic surgical glove
Biogel PI UltraTouch
Synthetic (not made with natural rubber latex) surgical glove with enhanced sensitivity and softness.
A sterile, powder-free, non-latex polyisoprene glove that reduces the possibility of glove-related latex protein sensitization because it is made from a synthetic elastomer. The gloves provide levels of fit, feel and comfort comparable to natural rubber latex because synthetic polyisoprene shares a similar molecular structure to natural rubber latex. Typically 15% thinner than Biogel® PI, it is formulated for improved sensitivity.
Recommended for use in all general surgeries or surgeries where latex allergies are a concern for patients or clinicians. It can be used alone or as an overglove with Biogel® PI Micro Indicator® Underglove to create a double-gloving combination with the Biogel® Puncture Indication® System™ that detects 97% of glove perforations.
Tested according to ASTM 6978-05 and approved for use with chemotherapy agents. Please refer to permeation details for breakthrough times.
- Designed to enhance sensitivity and softness
- 15% thinner than Biogel PI
- Polyisoprene (not made with natural rubber latex) to avoid latex sensitivities
- Double-gloving with a Biogel overglove and underglove creates the Biogel Puncture Indication System that detects 97% of glove perforations.
- A clinical study shows non-Biogel gloves are 3.5 times more likely to fail than Biogel gloves.
A recent published study analyzed the clinical and operational costs related to the use of natural rubber latex gloves. The study found that the costs associated with latex allergy events and latex-related O.R. teardowns outweighed the line-item costs of synthetic or latex-free gloves. After the facility converted to Biogel synthetic gloves, they were able to reduce their overall costs by 25%, saving over $74,000.
Are your facility’s glove choices allowing safety and savings to slip through your fingers? Maybe it’s time to take a closer look at the power of a partnership with Mölnlycke. To learn more about the study or have a Biogel expert contact you, please click below.
- Biogel PI UltraTouch Datasheet (791 kB)
- Biogel Features Chart (2.05 MB)
- Biogel Full Range Brochure (4 MB)
- Chemotherapy Permeation Data Sheet (217 kB)